Air conditioners seem to develop a musty odor over time. The most common culprit is mold or mildew growth inside the unit is the most common culprit. You’ll notice this odor when the unit has not been used for long periods of time or is not properly maintained for AC maintenance Portland . A musty air conditioner can also lead to various problems, such as:
- Health Problems: Mold and mildew growth can cause respiratory problems, especially for people who are allergic. In extreme cases, it can even lead to lung infections.
- Damage To The Unit: Mold and mildew growth can damage the system’s internal parts and reduce its efficiency. In some cases, it can cause the unit to break down completely.
- Increased Energy Bills: A musty air conditioner has to work harder to cool your home, which leads to higher energy costs.
- Costly Repairs: Mold and mildew growth can cause severe damage to the air conditioner, leading to expensive repairs.
Suppose you’ve tried all these steps, and the musty smell persists. In that case, it’s time to call in one of our qualified professionals for an AC service Portland or emergency AC repair in Gresham, OR, and surrounding areas. We can help you get to the bottom of the problem and ensure your air conditioner is running properly.
Here are a few steps you can take to try and fix a musty air conditioner:
- Clean the air filter: A dirty air filter can cause the unit to smell. Make sure to clean or replace the air filter as needed.
- Clean the coils: The coils on the air conditioner can also harbor mold and mildew. Use a coil cleaning solution to clean the coils, emergency AC repair Gresham and make sure they are completely dry before turning the unit back on.
- Check for leaks: Leaks in the air conditioning system can also lead to musty odors. Check for any leaks in the drain pan and repair them as soon as possible.
- Clean the vents and ducts: The vents and ducts in your home can also become filled with mold and mildew over time. Clean them regularly to stop the issue from escalating.
- Flush the drip tray: The drip tray on the air conditioner can also become a breeding ground for dirt and debris. Flush the drip tray with water to clean it out to prevent the problem from getting worse.
If you’ve tried all these steps and the musty smell persists, it’s time to call in one of our professionals for emergency AC repair Gresham OR and surrounding areas. We can help you get to the bottom of the problem and ensure your air conditioner is running properly.
Get The Experts For AC Service In Gresham, Oregon
If you are in Gresham or Portland, OR, and your AC unit is experiencing a musty odor, it may be time for AC replacement Portland OR. Our team at Oxbow Heating & Cooling can come out and take a look at your air conditioning unit to ensure everything is running smoothly. We comprehensively offer AC tune-up Gresham, installation, and repairs so you can rest assured that your home will be comfortable all summer. Call us today at (503) 487-5038 to schedule an air conditioner service!