Regular AC maintenance is essential to keeping your air conditioning unit running smoothly and efficiently. It can also help you save money on energy bills and extend the life of your AC unit. Oxbow’s team of experts are trained to use the best tools and techniques for quality AC maintenance in Gresham.
Does my AC system need maintenance or a tune up?
AC maintenance is performed regularly to keep your AC system running smoothly and efficiently. It includes tasks such as cleaning the coils, checking the refrigerant level, and lubricating the moving parts.
AC tune-up is performed when your AC system is not working properly. It is a more comprehensive inspection and repair service than AC maintenance. If you are unsure whether your AC system needs maintenance
Benefits of Regular AC Maintenance
There are many benefits to regular AC maintenance, including:
- Improved efficiency: A well-maintained AC system will run more efficiently, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Extended lifespan: Regular maintenance can help to extend the lifespan of your AC system, saving you the cost of premature replacement.
- Reduced risk of breakdowns: Regular maintenance can help to identify and address potential problems before they cause major breakdowns.
- Improved air quality: A clean AC system will help to improve the air quality in your home, which can be beneficial for people with allergies or asthma.
- Greater peace of mind: Knowing that your AC system is well-maintained can give you peace of mind,especially during the hot summer months.
Why Choose Oxbow?
Frequent Questions About AC Maintenance
It is recommended to service your air conditioner twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring, before the cooling season begins. This will ensure that it is clean, in good condition, and operating at peak efficiency.
Preventive AC maintenance is performing maintenance work in line with predefined schedules to minimize unanticipated breakdowns in the future. Alternatively, it is about preventing things from breaking by repairing them beforehand.
Cleaning or replacing your air conditioner's filters is the important thing you can do to keep it operating as efficiently as possible. Filters dirty or clogged with particles impede airflow and drastically decrease a system's effectiveness. In addition, air conditioning units have various important components that require thorough checks while tune-ups.
Have a professional tune-up of your air conditioning system every year before the hot summer months begin, even though it's intended to last 10 to 15 years. Regular maintenance guarantees that any possible issue is fixed before it becomes a significant concern.
Air conditioner services include installations, repairs, replacements, and maintenance.
Here are a few important things that are examined and cleaned during air conditioner tune-ups:
- Changing the air filters.
- Perform a comprehensive cleaning and examination of both the interior and external coils.
- Examine the condensate removal pump.
- Ensure that the thermostat is operating properly.
- Clean the condensate pump of any dirt and debris obstructing it.
- Perform a comprehensive visual examination of the HVAC system.
Clean the system of all dirt, dust, and debris that may be present.
Utilize an oxygenated household cleaner or a coil cleaner made for air conditioners. The alternative is to blend a few drops of dish soap with warm water. First, spray the front panel, casing, and window fins with the cleaner. Next, spray the internal base, inside coils, fan, and aluminium fins.
When insufficient refrigerant is in your air conditioner, the evaporator coil will become abnormally cold, causing the liquid refrigerant to run backward via the refrigerant line. Moisture in the area surrounding the refrigerant line will therefore freeze. It indicates that you need to purchase freon.