Signs You Need to Replace Your Heating System
Here are some signs that it may be time to replace your heating system:
- Your heating system is more than 15-20 years old.
- Your heating system is not as efficient as it used to be.
- Your heating system needs frequent repairs.
- Your home is not heating evenly.
- You have concerns about the safety of your heating system.
Benefits of Replacing Your Heating System
There are many benefits to replacing your heating system, including:
- Increased efficiency: Newer heating systems are more efficient than older models, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Improved comfort: Newer heating systems can heat your home more evenly and efficiently, resulting in a more comfortable living environment.
- Reduced risk of breakdowns: Newer heating systems are less likely to break down than older models, which can save you money on repairs and replacements in the long run.
- Increased safety: Newer heating systems are equipped with the latest safety features to help protect you and your family from carbon monoxide poisoning and other hazards.
If your furnace is getting old or isn’t working as well as it used to, it may be time to consider a replacement. Oxbow Heating & Cooling offers a variety of furnace replacement options to meet your needs and budget. Our experienced technicians will help you choose the right furnace for your home and install it quickly and efficiently.
heat pump Replacement
If you have a heat pump, it may eventually need to be replaced. Heat pumps can last for up to 20 years, but they are more susceptible to wear and tear than furnaces. If your heat pump is not working as well as it used to, or if it is more than 15 years old, it is important to have it inspected by a qualified technician. Oxbow Heating & Cooling offers a variety of heat pump replacement options to meet your needs and budget.
Heating Replacement FAQs
Here are the things to think about when buying a new furnace and heating:
- Choose the furnace and heating that will save you the most money.
- Select the right size (neither oversized nor small in size) of furnace for your home.
It's not a good idea to put in your new furnace for the following reasons:
- If you operate on the gas furnaces line, you could be exposed to harmful and combustible gasses.
- Any work on gas-connected equipment without authorization is prohibited.
In general, the answer is yes, because of this, the value of your home could go up by up to 10%. The biggest price hikes will be for homes in warm, humid climates and older buildings with HVAC systems that are almost broken.
You can schedule HVAC repair appointments at any time of the year. However, spring and fall are advantageous because there are more accessible appointment slots.
Here are the BTUs a furnace needs for homes of different sizes (a BTU is the amount of energy essential to raise the temperature of 1 pound of water by 1 deg Fahrenheit):
- 1,200-square-foot house: 36,000 to 72,000 BTUs
- 1,500-square-foot house: 45,000 to 90,000 BTUs
- 1,800-square-foot house: 54,000 to 108,000 BTUs
- 2,100-square-foot house: 63,000 to 126,000 BTUs
There's a simple way to find out how well your home's furnace uses energy: Check the AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency). You can find it in the cabinet or the user manual.
Reasons why you need to get a new heating system:
- Heater older than 15 years
- You've had frequent repairs
- Heating bills have been increasing
- Unusual sounds or smell
It's time to replace your furnace when you experience any of the following:
- When the furnace is making a lot of noise while functioning.
- You feel different temperatures in different parts of the house.
You can call the best professionals at Oxbow Heating and Cooling for heating replacement Portland and Gresham, OR, at (503) 487-5038.