Investing in Your Air is Investing in Your Health
Doing what we can to stay healthy is more important than ever. Today, poor indoor air quality is one of the top risks to public health. When you invest in an air quality solution for your home, you’re also investing in the health of your family.
Oxbow Heating & Cooling is here to help you take the steps that are needed to improve the indoor air quality in your home. We care about the well-being and comfort of our customers. Our expert technicians can help you choose the air quality system that is right for your home and provide best indoor air quality services in Gresham.
Why Is Indoor Air Quality Important?
Indoor air quality is important because it can directly affect our health. According to the World Health Organization, “Both short and long term exposure to air pollutants have been associated with health impacts.” Breathing air that is free of pollutants can reduce the risk of several health issues, including respiratory illnesses, heart disease, and cancer.
Health Issues Associated With Indoor Air Pollution
- Respiratory complications
- Asthma complications
- Dry, itchy skin
- Allergic reactions
What Steps Can I Take to Improve My Indoor Air Quality?
There are a number of things you can do to improve the indoor air quality in your Gresham home. Some of the most effective steps include:
- Source control: This involves eliminating or reducing the sources of indoor air pollution, such as gas stoves, fireplaces, and tobacco smoke. According to the EPA “Usually the most effective way to improve indoor air quality is to “eliminate individual sources of pollution or to reduce their emissions.”
- Air purification: Air purifiers can remove pollutants from the air, such as dust, pollen, and smoke.
- Ventilation: Bringing fresh air into your home can help to dilute and remove indoor pollutants.
- Humidification: Adding humidity to the air can help to reduce dust and allergens, and improve respiratory health.
Oxbow Indoor Air Quality Services
Oxbow Heating & Cooling offers a variety of indoor air quality services to help you improve the air quality in your Gresham home. We can help you choose the right air purification system for your needs, install and maintain your air filter, and ensure that your HVAC system is properly ventilated.
Air Purification System (Air Scrubber)
When it comes to selecting a system for indoor air purification the choice is clear. We use the air scrubber by Aerus. This system does an outstanding job at cleansing contaminants and reducing particles that cause health issues and allergies.
The air scrubber also protects your heating and cooling system by preventing dust buildup. If you’re considering an air purification system, please reach out to us so we can tell you more about this effective, low-maintenance system.
Choosing the right air filter for your home is important. Through the experience we have gained over our 30 years of combined experience, we suggest the Aprilaire air filters. Some benefits you get from these air filters include:
- Reduce dust inside your home
- Remove damaging airborne particles
- Cleaner air for respiratory health
- Minimizes unwelcome odors