Ductless heat pumps are a popular choice for heating and cooling homes in Gresham.
They work well for older homes without ducts and newer homes with additions or detached garages. They are a good choice for homes with energy-efficient windows and insulation.
They can also help maintain a comfortable temperature all year while saving you money and adding value to your home. They have become popular in recent years and for good reason.
What is a ductless heat pump?
A ductless heat pump is a type of heating and cooling system that uses a refrigerant to transfer heat from one place to another. The system consists of an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units. The outdoor unit contains the compressor and condenser, while the indoor units contain an evaporator and blower fan.
how do ductless heat pumps work?
In the winter, the system works in reverse, absorbing heat from the outside air and transferring it to the inside air. In the summer, a ductless heat pump works by absorbing heat from the inside air and transferring it to the outside air.
Benefits of a ductless heat pump
Using ductless heat pumps have many benefits, including:
- Energy efficiency: They are highly energy-efficient, which can save you money on your utility bills.
- They allow you to heat and cool different areas of your home. This means you can adjust the temperature only in the rooms that you are using. Heat pumps quickly heat or cool a room and then maintain the desired temperature for as long as needed.
- Easy installation: Ductless heat pumps are relatively easy to install, and they do not require any ductwork.
- Ductless heat pumps are quiet, making them ideal for bedrooms and places where you want peace and quiet.
Heat pumps are great for people with asthma or allergies. The heat pump moves air in your room and filters out dust, mold, odors, smoke, and other particles. This process makes the air cleaner and the room more comfortable, lowering the chance of flare-ups and improving healthy breathing.
A heat pump allows you to easily adjust the temperature of your room. You can switch from hot to cold or vice versa with the push of a button. Many heat pumps come with programmable timers and even Bluetooth.
Unlike gas heating or wood burners, there are no flames or hot surfaces that children or pets can touch and burn themselves on.
In addition to these benefits, heat pumps can also add to the value of your home by making it more appealing to potential buyers. Heat pumps are a wise investment for homeowners who are looking to save money, reduce their environmental impact, and improve the comfort and safety of their homes. They can also add significant value to a home when it comes time to sell.
Choosing a Ductless Heat Pump
When choosing a ductless heat pump, it is important to consider the size of your home, the climate you live in, and your budget. Choose a system with an EER of 10 or higher for cooling and an HSPF of 8.5 or higher for heating.
The installation process for ductless heat pumps typically involves the following steps:
- Your technician will choose the right location for the indoor and outdoor units. The technician will place the indoor units in the rooms you want to heat and cool. We will place the outdoor unit in a spot with good air flow.
- The technician will drill holes in the walls to connect the indoor and outdoor units. These holes will be large enough to accommodate the refrigerant lines, electrical wires, and drainage tubing.
- We will mount indoor and outdoor units to the walls. Indoor units will be positioning at a height of approximately 6-7 feet. The technician will place the outdoor unit at a minimum distance of 12 inches from the ground.
- Your technician will connect the refrigerant lines, electrical wires, and drainage tubing between the indoor and outdoor units.
- We will vacuum the refrigerant lines to remove any air and moisture. Then we will charge the system with refrigerant.
- Your technician will test the system to make sure that it is working properly.
A typical ductless heat pump installation usually takes 3-4 hours. Your expert technician will make sure this process is smooth so we can get your home comfortable for you and your family.
Having your ductless heat pump installed by an Oxbow expert technician means hassle-free. Once installed, the system requires little maintenance. You should simply clean the air filters regularly and have the system inspected by an Oxbow technician once a year.
Ductless heat pumps are a great option for heating and cooling homes in Gresham. They are energy-efficient, quiet, and easy to install and maintain. Be sure to check with the State of Oregon and the Oregon Energy Trust about their installation incentives.