As the weather starts to warm up, you may be tempted to turn on your air conditioner to cool down your home. You can prepare your air conditioner for the summer months by contacting Oxbow Heating & Cooling for the best AC repair Portland. Our experts can help prevent common issues like strange noises, decreased efficiency, and refrigerant leaks.
Here are steps you should take before turning on your air conditioner this summer:
- Schedule a tune-up: Like any other mechanical system, your air conditioner needs regular maintenance. A tune-up will clean the unit, check for any damage, and ensure that it is adequately charged with refrigerant. This will help ensure your air conditioner runs efficiently and doesn’t break down when you need it most.
- Replace the air filter: The air filter helps to remove contaminants from the air that passes through the air conditioning unit. Over time, the filter can become clogged, reducing the air conditioning unit’s efficiency and causing it to work harder than necessary. Replacing the air filter is a quick and easy way to help keep your air conditioner running smoothly or did AC maintenance Portland.
- Check for leaks: Leaks can occur in the ductwork and the air conditioner itself. These leaks can cause your AC to lose refrigerant, which impacts its ability to cool your home effectively. Checking for and sealing any leaks will help improve the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Clean the coils and fins: Coils and fins on your air conditioning unit can become dirty over time, which impacts its ability to function properly. Cleaning the coils and fins will help improve the efficiency of your air conditioner and prevent any issues.
- Trim any vegetation that has grown around the unit: Over time, vegetation can grow around the air conditioner unit, which impacts its ability to function properly. Trimming any vegetation that has grown around the unit will help improve the efficiency of your air conditioner.
Following these simple steps can help ensure that your air conditioner is ready to use after being inactive all winter. If you have any questions or concerns about your AC, contact Oxbow Heating & Cooling today for AC service Portland.
24-Hour Emergency Service Available
Whether you have an emergency during the hottest or coldest times of the year, Oxbow Heating & Cooling offers same-day service to resolve your problem as quickly as possible. We have been serving the Portland metro area for over 30 years, and our experienced technicians can handle all brands of HVAC equipment as well as help guide you in making the right decision for your unique situation. Not only do we provide reliable service and top-quality equipment to customers needing HVAC repair Portland OR but we also offer a variety of money-saving solutions. One of the solutions includes a warranty with all repairs and replacements. Contact us today at (503) 487-5038 to schedule for HVAC repair or AC replacement Portland OR and surrounding areas.